Sunday, July 13, 2014

Week 2 July 7th -14th



Monday July 7th: I woke up around 5am but it was super cold out. So I tried falling back asleep and ended up lying in bed until 7am.  I got ready for class and headed to breakfast and met Liana and Ryan there and then we walked to our classes together. I had accounting theory from 8am-10am. Our class had a guest speaker from CPA Australia. It was interesting to learn how they get into a business like that. A CPA degree in Australia has the kids do three years of schooling while they work at an accounting firm. They need to work at an accounting firm while in school so they get that experience; which is pretty smart I think. In class I also learned that the GAAP principles in America are called the International Accounting standards in Australia. After class I headed back to my room. There I texted the family and looked at vacation spots in Australia and read my bible. I just dilly dallied around until 3:3opm when I took off for a 3mile run. I then did an ab workout in my room. Then I headed to the gym for box fit. Love this class; it’s so intense and fun! After class I went to supper to meet up with the other kids. We sat there for two hours just talking and laughing. It was a good time. When I got back I showered and then we headed to the JCR to play pool. Around 9:30pm I headed back and got ready for bed because I wasn’t feeling very good.
Tuesday July 8thWhen I got up at 8, I felt better, so I went to breakfast to meet with the other kids. Afterwards I headed over to the library and did a lot of research for my many papers I have to write in my classes. I took a break around 11:30 and went to the campus store to get a coffee. They make their coffee from organic coffee. It was pretty good. Around 3:30pm I went for a run around campus then an ab workout. Then I headed to the class yogalates. I like this class, it’s very relaxing! After class I went to meet up with the other kids at supper. Where I talked to Emma about going to bible study at 7:30pm and she wanted to go to. So I went back and got ready for that and we headed over. Bible study was fun; we were there until 9:45. Their missions team talked more in depth about their trip to Vanuatu. It was interesting to hear about all their touching stories and how they shared the gospel and how God reached out to them while they were there. They really have a heart for God. Afterwards they had supper, which is snack and coffee before bed for them. They were fun to talk to! They were so excited to have Americans there, because they wanted us to try something. It is called the Tim tam slam. They make a cup of coffee and then you take a Tim Tam and eat the opposite corners off and use the Tim Tam as a straw. Once the coffee comes through the Tim Tam you shove the Tim Tam in your mouth. It was really good because the coffee made the Tim Tam melt in your mouth. Tim Tam’s are a chocolate cookie with chocolate or orange cream in the middle. Super good!
Wednesday July 9th:  Today I skyped dad, mom, and ali!! That was fun! It was good to see them even though they are so far away. Hope to do it some more. Then I headed off to the library to get some homework done, but first I sent off some postcards. I was at the library for about an hour and then Ryan asked me to play basketball. So I went over there and we played for about two hours. Then I went to boot camp at 5:30pm. It was pretty intense and a good workout. Then I headed to supper and sat with Emma and Kristy (an Aussie RA) and we talked and laughed for a long time. Emma then told me that they just got back from a campus crusade meeting and said that they witness to people from 11:30-1 on campus every day and invited me along with them. I was so excited when they asked and replied yes before they were even finished. At the dorms Ryan and Jazmin invited me to come over and hang out. So for the rest of the night we watched Pitch Perfect in Ryan’s room.
Thursday July 10th: Today around 10am Jazmin, Ryan from New York, Gustavo, Dylan, and I headed over to the aboriginal culture. We got the guided tour for $13.  We started out by watching a movie their culture. Then walked through the museum, then listened to a lady talk and show us things from their culture and islands. Then we went to a cave where the guy played a horn for us which was pretty sweet. To finish the tour we got to throw a boomerang. After we got back I went for an hour run around campus and through town. In town I found a tunnel that went under their highway. It was sweet because it was graphitized too! After my run I got ready for class and did some homework. I had corporate accounting from 5-8 but it only lasted until 6:30. The professor got through the lecture pretty fast. They have different names for some of their accounts when they journalize them.
Friday July 11th After breakfast I read my bible and got ready for the day, and then I went to the library and did homework until 12. At 12 Emma and I went and ate on the campus green and waited to meet with the other kids from campus of crusades. They came at 12:30 and then we went out to witness to people sitting around eating their dinner. The way they witness to people is cool. They have a stack of random pictures that they show to a person and then have that person pick 3 photos that describe their life now. But by that time I had to go to class so I didn’t get to hear the rest of it. I had Ethics class with Ryan from 1-4. It was a long class but there were some interesting topics. After class we went back to Ryan’s dorm and other kids were headed to the JCR, so we went with. There we played ping pong which was pretty fun. I then sat and talked with Jazmin for a long time. After a while we headed over to Hutton and watched Pitch Perfect with the other international students. When the movie got done some of us went star gazing. It was freezing out, so we headed to my room to warm up since my heater is on. Everyone was falling asleep so they went back to their rooms. 
Saturday July 12th: Today I got up at 7am and did a cardio/ab workout in my room and then showered and read my bible. Afterwards I went to breakfast to see what the other kids were up to today. Mostly everyone was just doing homework. So Jazmin and I walked to IGA. There I got some snacks and we walked around looking at prices and the other small shops that were there. On our way back to the dorms we stopped at sunshine Kebabs and got a wrap. They were really good! When we got back we went and laid out back to tan but the ants were so bad that we ended up going to the pool and laying out there. We laid out until 4pm. Jazmin wanted to do some running that day so I went with her to show her the trails I run on. We ran around 2.5 miles and then did some abs. Afterwards we took showers and headed to supper. After supper Jazmin and Carolina came over to my room. We then looked at places we should go for our week break and talked for a long time. They were over for about 3hours. We had fun and then they went to their rooms. I then watched Megamind on amazon.
Sunday July 13th: I slept in until 8am and then texted and went to breakfast. Dad had sent me an email about a social media website John was telling him about so when I got back I checked that out. It was really cool so I talked to John about it over skype and then signed up for it! That took up my whole morning and then I meant up with the other students for dinner. While we were sitting at dinner Carolina got a call to come hiking. We quickly went back to our rooms and got ready. Then the Australian kids took us with them to Mt. Jim to hike. When we pulled up we saw a sign that said warning hike at your own risk, very dangerous. The hike was so awesome though, we had to climb a lot of rocks to get to the top. The view was amazing!! Once we got back down we went back to the dorms and showered up and went to supper. After supper we got ready for church. The sermon at church was very good. It was on Love, forgiveness, and holding grudges. When we got out, everyone talked about how powerful the message was and how good it was. When we got back to the dorms Ryan and Jazmin came to my room and we talked for hours. They left at 11:45pm.

                               International students all from America at the start of the hike
                                                                   View from the top!

No comments:

Post a Comment