Sunday, July 27, 2014

Week 3 July 21st -27th



Monday July 21st: I got up at 7am and got ready for class. I met Ryan and Liana at breakfast and then we walked to our classes. I had Accounting Theory from 8-10am. It was on normative theory and historical cost. After class I walked back to my dorm to get things to workout in. I swam 1000m, did an ab/pushup/ pullup routine, and 4000m on the row.  After dinner I showered and then went to the library for an hour and a half but I wasn’t feeling well so I went back to my room and slept for an hour. Then Carolina, Jazmin, and Ryan woke me up for supper. After supper we watched movies. I went to bed around 1am.
Tuesday July 22nd: I got up around 7:45am and got ready for the day. All morning I worked on my corporate accounting paper. After lunch I worked on homework until 2:30 and then Ryan and I went to the gym. We both swam and then I rowed and did abs while Ryan lifted. By time we got done it was time for yogalates to start so we went to that. It was really funny to watch Ryan try and do the moves but he did do a good job for it being his first time. At one point we had to do child pose with our hands clenched behind our backs and I was laughing at Ryan not paying attention to how close I was to the floor and I smoked the floor with my head so then we laughed even harder. Afterwards we went to supper with the other kids. Then showered and got ready for bible study. Bible study was on patience and kindness out of the book. After small groups everyone hung out and talked.Emma then asked the head guy about their Red Frog program, which is kind of cool. What they do is go to huge drinking parties and help those students get home or basically sober up and if they have the chance they witness to them also; especially if the kid asks why they are volunteering their time to help them. We finally left after 3 hours and got back to the dorms around 11.
Wednesday July 23rd:  After breakfast I went back to my room and worked on my ethics paper, reading many articles for it. Around 11am I went to the campus green and talked to people about IQConnect but most people were not interested. At 12:30 I went to the gym and swam 1000m, rowed 4000m, and did an ab routine, then walked around the track with a tire around my waist with Ryan. . We went to supper at 5pm and talked and laughed with the other kids. After supper we watched movies and went to bed around 11:30pm.
Thursday July 24th: I got up at 6am and headed to the gym. I rowed 5000m and then did a ab/push up/ pull up routine. After I went to breakfast and met with the other kids. Then I hurried back to the dorms and took a shower. At 9am I skyped Becky about Isagenix and got signed up for the international business part of it. Then I worked on that all morning. Around 1:30pm I headed to the pool to swim 1000m. When I got back to my room I was tired so I showered and then took a nap for about an hour. Then I read my bible and headed to class. I had corporate accounting at 5.  Our treasury shares account is called share buy- back in Australia.  After class Ryan and I walked to IGA and he got Subway and I got some granola bars. We walked back and then watched a movie. Well tried but the internet wasn’t working. But that’s okay because I was feeling so miserable because I’m so congested.
Friday July 25th: Today I got up at 5am and went to the gym. There I rowed 5000m and did an ab routine until 6:20am. Afterwards I took a shower and got things ready for outdoor pursuits class then went to breakfast. We had to be at the bus stop at 7:45am to be to Yeppon for outdoor pursuits. Today for class we learned how to surf. It was crazy; hard to balance on your board with all the waves crashing. I got up on my knees one time and the other times I got up I missed the wave so I didn’t really surf but I did fall a lot and drank way too much ocean water. My throat started to sting really bad because of it so I just went in but it was time to go anyways. So we packed up and got back to the city and then some of us stayed. We went and ate at yogalicous where I got a banana coconut smoothie which was awesome. After that we headed to the beach to tan and collect sea shells. We left around 3:50 and got back to the dorms at 4:45 and showered.Then we watched movies the rest of the night.
Saturday July 26th: Today I got up at 7:45am and got ready. Ryan and I went to the pool at 8am. I swam a mile today. We then got on the school van to go to Stocklands. There we walked around and looked for water shoes for our outdoor pursuit’s class but we didn’t find anything. When we got back to the university we ate dinner. Then I put laundry in and vacuumed my room. Then I wrote my corporate accounting paper until 5:30pm. After supper I came back to my room to keep writing my paper.  But then the internet went out, so I couldn’t finish my paper. I wasn’t feeling the best anyways so I just went to bed.
Sunday July 27th: Today I woke up at 8am and went to breakfast. After breakfast I skyped the family for an hour and a half, it was so great to talk to and see them. Miss them so much!! After skyping I went to the academic study center to work on my ethics paper. We took a break for dinner and then went back. Ryan and I worked on our papers from 1 to 3:30pm and I got mine all wrote, thankfully. Then we watched a movie until supper. After supper we got everyone to play sardines, but first they had to take a quiz. So I talked with Jazmin and Carolina until they were done. We started playing around 8:30pm. Ryan and I hid first and we hid in a cement culvert. Liana and Dylan found us pretty fast but the rest couldn’t find us. So after that a lot of people quit, but we kept playing until 10. We stopped at 10 because while hiding we felt ants crawling on us so we all went to shower. After that we wrote our blogs then watched a movie until church. Ryan and I watched my church online at 1am and then went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment