Sunday, July 20, 2014

week 4 July 15th - 20th



Monday July 15th: I got woken up by my neighbor banging around his dresser draws, but I was happy he woke me up this morning because I didn’t hear my alarm so I was running behind. I had Accounting Theory this morning from 8-10am. After class I went to the gym and swam a half mile and then tried the row machine for the first time. It was a great workout and then did abs after. Then Ryan and I went to Tanya’s office to talk about our scholarships and where to go to set up a bank account for it. We then ate and showered up, then took a bus to Stocklands. At Stocklands we set up a bank account with Commonwealth bank. When we got back I hung out with Amelia, Jazmin, and Carolina. At 4:30pm we all went to box fit, Dan and New York Ryan came with us. It was a hard workout but fun because the guys were pretty funny. We then went and ate and showered up. Then we headed to Ryan’s room to talk about our plans for our week break. After planning it out, we watched the Fox and The Hound. Such a great movie! After the movie I raced back to the dorms to put my laundry in the dryer before it closed at 10.
Tuesday July 16th:  Today I headed to the library until 11. At 11 I met up with Emma and the rest of student life kids. We then prayed and went out to evangelize. I went with Chris and we talked to two guys. The guys were very eager to talk except we did keep going around in circles because they believe a different way and don’t believe in the bible. It was really hard to understand and hear them, but at the end Chris gave them a booklet on knowing God personally and they took it. Then we met up with the others and listened to their stories and prayed. I went back to my room and got ready for my workout and headed to the gym. There I swam a half mile and then changed to go inside to do the row machine but I forgot tennis shoes. So I had to go all the way back to my dorm and get those. Once I got back to the gym I did 10min on the row machine and some abs and got done just in time for yogalates until 5:30. Afterwards I went and showered and got ready. We then went to bible study; we had a good discussion in our small groups. We got back to the dorms around 10 and we decided to watch the movie Gods Not Dead! We watched it in Krisy’s room; she is an RA so her room is super nice and big. Emma and Kristy hadn’t seen it yet but they loved it. It is such a great biblical movie! We then talked and prayed and laughed for a while. I got back to my room around 1:15am.
Wednesday July 16th:  I did homework all morning until 12:30. I then went to the gym and swam a half mile, then rowed for a half hour and did an ab routine. After that Ryan had me walk with him around the track while holding a tire around our waste. That was painful. I got back to my room at 2:30pm and ate what I had in my room and then started getting ready for the professorial lecture. Everyone who lived on campus was required to go. We left our dorm around 5pm and sat and listened to a guy talk about his life involving Uni, but I couldn’t hear him most of the time so it was really boring. When he got done at 7pm they then fed us. Our table was the last one to go through the line; Jazmin and I were so hungry. The meal was good though, they had lamb and fish and lots of veggies and potatoes and salad. They had chocolate cake, fresh fruit, and trifle for desert. After eating we got back to the dorms around 9pm. I then went to Ryan’s room to study, but we got nothing done because Carolina, Amelia, and Emma came in and were being goofy. So then we watched a movie. 
Thursday July 17th: After breakfast I did homework all morning until 12. After dinner I went and swam a half mile, rowed for a half hour and did an ab routine. After the gym I got ready for class, and looked at some more information about the social media app I have that pays me, and read my bible. I then went to Corporate Accounting from 5-7. The tutorial was on journal entries for shares being issued and forfeited. They have a similar way of journalizing but their journal entry names are different so it is kind of confusing. The lecture was on basic things of accounting like assets, liabilities, equity, income, and expenses. After class I went to Jazmin’s room where Carolina and Ryan were too. They were so nice and got me food! Amelia then came over and we booked our trip to trinity beach for our week break. It is going to be so fun! It took a while to do that so when we were done it was 10pm.
Friday July 18th: Today I got up at 6am and got ready for the gym. Ryan and I walked over to the gym and did our separate workouts then went to breakfast. After breakfast we had outdoor pursuits class at 9am. This class is going to be so fun, especially because all the international kids are from the United States and we all get along pretty well. We start surfing next week for class. After class I went to the library. In between the library and dinner I had some free time so I read my bible.Then Ryan and I had ethics class from 1-4pm. We talked about the Bernard Madoff case today, which was a good case study topic. After class Ryan and I walked to IGA so he could get some snacks and then we ate at subway. When we got back everyone was getting ready to go out and party. So Ryan and I went to my room and worked on homework and watched mega mind. 
Saturday July 19th: Today I woke up at 8:15 and then met everyone at breakfast. We then discussed what time to meet and where to meet for our hike. So I went back to my room and got things ready and we left around 10:30am for Mt. Archer. We started the hike around 10:45-11 and we finished around 2. We all started together but people kept stopping to take pictures or to eat, but Ryan and I just wanted to get to the top so we kept going. We got to the lookout spot around 1:30 and sat there to eat and wait for everyone to finish because we thought that was the ending point. But once Bonny and the other Australian guys came they said there was about 270m to go yet. So we grabbed our back packs and took off for the finish. The view was pretty sweet but the hike up Mt. Jim was definitely better. There we sat and waited for the others to finish for about an hour. Once we got back to the dorms, I showered which felt amazing. Then I put my laundry in to get all that stuff clean again and read my bible. After supper most of the kids went out to party so Ryan and I went to his room and ended up watching three movies. It was 11pm and some people were back so we stood in the hallway and talked with them for a while.
Sunday July 20th: Today I did homework all morning. After dinner I went to Ryan’s room to work on homework but we ended up watching youtube videos.We watched the Noah and 180 videos by Ray Comfort. Amelia, Carolina, Ryan, Emma, and I went with Bonny and Celest to church at 6:30. They had communion this time except I didn’t participate in it because they didn’t say people need to repent. They used 1 Corinthians 11:17-26 but they didn’t hit the main point in verses 27 on, which concerned me. They also said everyone is one in Christ because he loves us and we love him. So I decided not to take in communion and listened very carefully to the sermon. The sermon was good but it was just on more loving not repentance at all. Just that the love of Jesus is in our hearts and we are saved. We are all a child of God and should share that with others. So I don’t know, love is good but they need to preach on repentance; it’s just not like our church. When we got back, we watched a movie. The movie got done around 11:30 and then I headed to bed. 

                                           The whole group who hiked Mt. Archer 12.6Km
                                           Ryan (NY), Jazmin (Texas), Me, Ryan (SD)

No comments:

Post a Comment