Sunday, August 10, 2014

Break Week



Monday August 4th: Today I got up at 6:30am and went on a run. I ran 8miles and got to run on the beach, it was sweet! Afterwards I showered and then ate breakfast that Ryan cooked for us. Then we got ready and headed to the beach. We were there for an hour and a half but it got really cloudy and cold. So we decided to go to Cairns to shop. We went to the mall and ate first; I tried sushi from the sushi train. I got the tuna roll and the salmon avocado roll. It was pretty good! Then we walked around town. Ryan and I went and got a message, it felt amazing but it definitely wasn’t as good as the one I get at home. Then we walked around and looked at lots of the little shops around town and met up with Amelia, Jazmin, and Carolina to go eat. We ate at Outback Jack. We got kangaroo and crocodile meat as an appetizer. Then for the main meal I got a burger!! Ahh it was soo good to have a good beef burger!Then we headed to the tourist shops. We got back to our room around 9:30pm. We were pretty exhausted and bus sick, so we showered and went to bed.
Tuesday August 5th: Today I got up at 5:45am to go run.We had to be to the bus by 7:35am for our cruise. We all got ready and grabbed breakfast to go and went and waited by reception. The van picked us up at 7:40am. We then took off for the marina where we would get on the big cat green island cruise boat. There was a wind warning out for the day so the waves were huge. Thankfully, they handed out free ginger tablets on the boat, so I didn’t get too sick. When we got to the island we got on the submarine and went and looked at the coral and fish. We saw some sea turtles!! Then we got back and went on the glass bottom boat tour of the Great Barrier Reef. When we got back from that we headed to the island to eat dinner. After dinner we headed to the beach to snorkel. While we were snorkeling we swam with two different sea turtles. It was sweet! Half way through snorkeling, Carolina cut her hand really bad. Amelia and she went to go get that wrapped up and when they got back we just walked around the island and looked at the tropical trees. When we got done with that it was time to get back on the boat and head back. We got back to our hotel around 5:20pm and Ryan and I attempted grilling sweet potatoes and lamb chops. The lamb chops came out great but the sweet potatoes not so much. After supper, we cleaned up and went to get internet. 
Wednesday August 6th: Today I got up at 7am and ran 6miles. After showering, Ryan and I made peanut butter pancakes, eggs, bacon, and apple syrup. It was a great breakfast. Afterwards we went back and changed and went to the beach. Except it was super windy and cold so we went back to the pool at our resort and laid out until 2pm. By that time we were all fried so we went back to our room and played go fish, old maid, and BS. After playing for a while; we watched pitch perfect. Then Ryan and I made supper. We attempted making spring rolls, except they didn’t turn out so well. After supper we showered and hung out and went to bed around 11pm.
Thursday August 7th: Today we all got up at 5am and got ready for our trip. The van picked us up at 6:10am for our white water rafting trip. We got to the river around 9:30am. Our group of five went with another American couple and our guide. Our guide was a young guy who was super lax and a lot of fun. We had a lot of fun down the river. To start, there were quite a few rapids. After 2.5hrs we stopped for dinner. They served us brats and burgers. It was absolutely freezing but we had fun with it. We were all shaking during dinner because it was rainy, windy, and very cloudy all day. After dinner we took off and everyone was hyper. Jazmin started singing let it go and everyone joined in. It was hilarious. At one point the guide let Ryan guide us through a rapid and he did a good job. After we got through it though everyone wanted me to guide the boat and started chanting my name until I did. So I did it through the next one. Then after the next rapid we came up to a cliff and got to jump off of it. Then we were at the end. The rafting was very fun!! The only thing bad about it was it was super cold!! We left and got back to our room at 6:30pm. We then made supper. After supper we went to the c-store and got slushies, ice cream, and tim tams. Then we went to go get internet. Once we got back we showered and then watched pride and prejudice.
Friday August 8th: Today I got up at 6:30am and ran 7miles. When I got back Amelia was showering so I texted the family while stretching. Then I showered and headed down to help Ryan with breakfast. We had breakfast burritos. After breakfast Ryan, Amelia, and I went to the grocery store to buy snacks for the train ride tomorrow. When we got back we went to the pool to lie out and tan. Then we hung out in the room, watching movies, sleeping, and cleaning up. We ended the day by watching movies and hanging out. 
Saturday August 9th: Today we got up at 5am and packed everything up and put the room back together. We then had a maxi taxi pick us up to bring us to the train station. It costed $80 to get us there. Our train left at 7:15am and won’t get back until 2:30am. Ugh!! This train is not as nice; it doesn’t have Wi-Fi, movies, or plug ins. Ryan and I went to go get coffee from the club car and on our way back we ran into Emma! So she came and hung out with us for the ride. We both told each other about our vacation. She got a lot of good pictures of the Great Barrier Reef. We then watched pitch perfect and played tic tac toe and hangman. Then the club car was playing frozen, so we went and watched that and made friends with three little kids. After the movie we went to our seats to sleep but I couldn’t so I read my book for Isagenix and listened to music. We got back to the dorms around 2:30am. I then put everything away and showered. I got to bed around 4am.
Sunday August 10th: I got up at 8am and went to breakfast. When I got back I attempted to do homework but my wifi wouldn’t work on my computer so I had to do things from my phone which didn’t work so well. Then after dinner Ryan got my wifi to work on my laptop so then we went to the academic centre to work on homework. After supper we watched movies.
                                                Slushies were the highlight of our stay.
                                                         Ryan, Amelia, Carolina, and me
                                                                   In the Submarine.
                                       Ryan and I in front and Amelia and Carolina in the back.
                                    White water rafting. Our guide got us stuck for the picture.
                                      Ryan, Vanessa, Jazmin, and Matt the guide on the far side.
                                             Nathan, Amelia, Me, and Carolina on the close side. 
Snorkeling at Green Island on the Great Barrier Reef.   







No comments:

Post a Comment