Sunday, August 3, 2014

Week 5 July 28th - august 3rd



Monday July 28th: Today I got up at 5:45am and went to the pool. It was so cold getting in at first because it was still cold and dark out and the pool wasn’t very warm either. I swam 1200m today. Then Ryan and I went to breakfast where we met up with Liana and then we all walked to class. I had Accounting Theory from 8-10am. They really don’t like how America does their business; they are always saying how we like to be difficult and do things our own ways. After class I went to the gym to row and do an ab routine. Then went back and showered, read my bible, and went to dinner. After dinner Ryan, Jazmin, Ryan, Carolina, and I went to the academic center to do homework. Ryan and I were there until 7:30pm. We did take a break for supper but we got quite a bit of homework done. Then we played Idiot for a while and ended the night by watching a movie.
Tuesday July 29th: Today I got up at 7am and headed to the pool with Ryan, but once we got there the swim team was having practice and using up all the lanes. So we decided to go to breakfast instead. After breakfast I came back to my room and laid in bed until 10am texting the family every once in a while in between sleeping. I then got up and went to the pool and swam 1200m.After dinner I went to the library to print off isagenix business cards. I also got an email that I had a package at the office, so I went to go get that and it was my isagenix products. So I read my stuff. Then I headed to the gym at 3pm to bike and do a leg/back/ ab workout.  After supper I did homework until 8:30pm. Then Ryan and I watched lone survivor until 10:30pm. .
Wednesday July 30th: Today I got up at 5:45am and went to the pool to swim a half mile. After swimming I went to Yoga at 7am, it felt so good to stretch out.  Then I hurried over to the study centre to meet Ryan for our ethics class at 9:30am. We had to get online for a class discussion because there was no class last Friday, so it was a review. It lasted for an hour and a half. Then I did a little homework before I headed to the campus green. I then headed to the library to meet up with Amelia, Carolina, Yuka, and Ryan. I had to use Amelia’s phone to confirm our reservations for our week break. When I called the train about what times we left, they had us leaving on Sunday at 8:50pm but we booked an 11:59pm Saturday night. So we had difficulties figuring that all out, but we got it changed so we leave Friday night at 11:59 for Cairns. By time I got all my calls done it was 2:45, so then Ryan and I went to the gym to workout. I did the row machine for 25min and biked for 20min and the plank routine. After, i showered and read my bible. Then I went to ryan’s room and we watched music videos until we left at 7pm with Carolina, Yuka, Jazmin, Amelia, Jared, and Brittany. We all went to Nando’s, a Portuguese resuarant, it was pretty good. It was a lot of fun hanging out. Afterwards we went to Baskin Robbins and they all got ice cream. We sat outside while they ate it and talked and laughed a lot. We got back to the dorms around 10pm.
Thursday July 31st: Today I got up at 6:15am and went to the pool to swim 1200m and then did push-ups/ ab routine. At 10am I skyped Becky about Isagenix. After dinner Ryan and I went to Stocklands to get a pin for our credit cards and then walked around for a while. When we got back I got ready for class. I had corporate accounting at 5pm. In class, the professor just answered questions we had on our assignment. We got out at 7pm and then I went to Ryan’s and we watched a movie. At 9pm we had a little meeting with our group about our trip because we leave tomorrow! I then went back to my room and put laundry in.
Friday August 1st: Today I got up at 4:45am and put my laundry in the dryer, then met up with Ryan at 5:15am to head to the gym. I did 30mins on their cycling bike and then did legs and abs. When we got back I got my laundry and showered. Then I got things ready for the day and headed to breakfast. We had to be to the bus stop by 7:45am where Patrick, our teacher, picked some of us up with the van. Some kids had to ride on the bus, but I got to ride in the van thankfully, way less motion sick in the van. We went to a lake today for outdoor pursuits and canoed. Ryan was my partner. The instructor did a good job of explaining it to the group and really cared that we knew what we were doing. We headed back to the Uni around 10:50 and got back at 11:45. We then changed and ate, then headed to our Ethics class. After class I got back to my room around 3 and fell asleep. After supper I packed for our trip. We are leaving at 10:30pm for the train station. I then wrote in my journal and watched Isagenix videos until we left. We left for the train station around 10:40 and got there around 11. There was no one there when we got there. It was so sketchy so Celest stayed with us until our train arrived. When it arrived we just got on and they later checked your tickets while we were going.  I watched Captain Philips and then tried to sleep. I got some sleep about 3-4hrs. Trains are a lot comfier than planes but there is no wifi and we have to buy our food if we want any. I fell asleep around 2:45-3am.
Saturday August 2nd: I woke up around 6:30am. We were on the train all day, so my day consisted of watching movies, sleeping, reading a book, and getting off the train whenever possible to walk around. We got to our station at 4:30 and it was right by the shopping centre. So we went there and walked around until we found a grocery store where we bought beef sausages, tim tams, water, and marshmallows. We then got on a bus to trinity beach. When we got there we walked to the beach and set up our little camp. We stuck out quite a bit walking through town with our entire luggage so a couple was pretty curious and walked up and talked to us on the beach. They were really helpful; they pointed out where we could grill our sausages for free and told us to watch for the cops while we slept. So Ryan and I went and grilled our sausages while the other three girls watched our things. We ate around 8:15pm. We had plain sausages which was very filling and then made a sandwich with a peanut butter tim tam, 2 small marshmallows and then a chocolate tim tam. It was soo good! Then some of us slept while others kept watch. I was on at 1:30am to keep watch for crocodiles and the cops. Hearing the crashing of the waves and random planes go above while watching the stars is so amazing! God is good all the time!!
Sunday August 3rd:  Today I got up at 6am and we sat and watched the sun rise through the clouds. Then we walked to the convenience store to go to the bathroom and buy water. When we got back we had fruit and our sausages from last night for breakfast. It was about 8am then and we all fell back asleep for an hour. When we woke up people were staring at us pretty funny. We also saw two guys setting up inflatable trampolines so we went over and asked how much it was to jump on them and it was only 10$ for the day. We didn’t want to leave our bags un-watched though so Ryan and I walked to our hotel to see if we could check in early. Thankfully, they had just finished cleaning our room so we were able to check in. So we walked back to the beach to tell the others and get our luggage. When we got to the room it was awesome, we all took a shower right away. It felt amazing!! Then we walked to the grocery store and got food for the week because we can cook in our room or grill by the pool. When we got back we went to the beach, which is 5min away. On our way we stopped at a surf stop and I got a swim suit for $25, pretty cheap. On the beach we went on the trampolines and tubes. That was crazy but fun! It got pretty cloudy out so we headed back to our room and ended up swimming in our pool. Afterwards we all showered and then went for a walk. It was about 6pm, so we started supper. We made spaghetti and watched 2 guns the movie. After the movie we were all tired. So Ryan and I went to go get internet by the reception desk because that’s the only place with internet and wrote our blogs. 

                           Jazmin, Carolina, and Amelia enjoying their sausages on the beach.


                                               Eating the tim tam marshmallow sandwich
                                                                       Sunrise at 6:30am
                                                   Jazmin, Amelia, and Ryan in our room

One of the 3 pools at our resort outside our room

                                                 Playing on the inflatable trampolines

No comments:

Post a Comment